Weight loss tracker

Tuesday 26 July 2011

First ever...

Chained myself to the Band Wagon
 – I believe this describes how I feel and think about my situation and decision.

I’ve been banded (REALIZE adjustable gastric band) on 23rd June 2011. As far as I can see, making this decision and going through all the hurdles (and paying the costs all by myself!) sort of removes the other options and leaves me with the sole option of success.

So my motto is the title of my newly created blog. This tells me all about the previous attempts and failures of losing the excess weight – picking a diet, sticking with it and, sooner or later, falling off the band wagon and following several tries to get back, just abandoning the track altogether.

Now this last bit which just cannot happen from now on! Abandoning the track (and the proverbial wagon). There are no more band wagons – now I’m on the Band Wagon! And I’m literally chained (well, stitched) to it for good. I can fall off – which I’m certain I will several times throughout the journey – but because I’m physically attached to it I just have to dust myself down, maybe whine a bit about the pain and inconvenience – and then get on the Band Wagon again and solder on like a good little girl.

That’s it. In short. Just as an opener. I promise to catch you up with the details as I go on. J

Ohhh and: Welcome to my Blog!!

I must pre-empt: I’m really not a writer; I’m not creative enough with words; English is my second language; I keep my thoughts to myself and I’m not interesting at all. That does not add up for a great blogger. But I think it will help me on my journey  and it might (I hope against hope...) turn into a great support system too.

I would like to pay homage to my inspirations in this: Lap Band Gal, Amy from Cheese and Sunkist and Banded Wendy – I’ve read and watched your blogs/vlogs before my surgery (yes, from the very beginning – and enjoyed every moment!) and it gave me immense amount of confidence in that I’m doing the right thing by opting for the surgery. I humbly bow my head in your virtual presents!

See you again shortly!

No comments: